FFF: Love the Song, Hate the Video

We all have them, songs we love that, when we see the video, we go WTF is this?

Here are five of mine.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Bring It On

Three words: gold lame pants. Ick.

It's also that this is a Nick Cave video and there are gold lame pants and women who look like they've escaped from an R&B video.



Type O Negative: I Don't Want To Be Me

I love this song, but the video is creepy and cringeworthy.


The Ting Tings: Do It Again

The Ting Tings are great, a really fun band, but this video... urgh, it just doesn't work for me. I get the idea of it, deconstructing the pop video but it just looks rubbish to my eye.



Lily Allen: Hard Out There

This is a song I admire, Allen makes strong points about the music industry but the video, which is obviously meant to be a parody, commits those sins and I fear the message vanishes in the medium. Add to that the racist undertones to the piece and it's almost uncomfortable viewing.


Manic Street Preachers: Little Baby Nothing

Another strong feminist anthem, but the video is a bit too on the nose and makes uncomfortable viewing.



Comments

Popular Posts